Dr. Brandon Downs
Dr. Brandon Downs is board certified in orthopaedic surgery with the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery with fellowship training in Sports Medicine.
Dr. Downs is a Nashville native that comes from a medical family which includes both his father and brother. He attended college at Belmont University as a Presidential Scholar and graduated Magna Cum Laude. During medical school at Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Dr. Downs was a Student Researcher and a Clinical Researcher in the Department of Orthopaedics Tribology research laboratory. He was awarded the Bertakis and Starich Student Researcher Award.
He graduated from Loma Linda School of Medicine as an Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) scholar. This designation reflects his entrance into an honor society and that he graduated in the top 10% of his medical school class.
Dr. Downs’ orthopaedic surgery residency training was completed at the world-renowned Campbell Clinic and University of Tennessee in Memphis, Tennessee. Campbell Clinic is consistently ranked as one of the top orthopaedic residency programs by U.S News and World Report and other ranking agencies.
Following residency, he achieved the board certification in orthopaedics through the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Downs is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery and many other medical societies.
Dr. Downs pursued additional training in orthopaedic sports medicine following residency. He attended a full-year, accredited Sports Medicine Fellowship at the prestigious Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, Ohio. Cleveland Clinic Sports Medicine is consistently ranked as one of the top orthopaedic fellowship programs by U.S News and World Report and other ranking agencies.
Following fellowship training in Sports Medicine Orthopaedics, Dr. Downs achieved a Certificate of Added Qualification in Sports Medicine from the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine.
Orthopaedic Specialists, PLLC includes multiple medical providers, which includes Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners and Physical Therapists who are all involved in his practice in the care of the orthopaedic patient. Dr. Brandon Downs provides care of the orthopaedic patient in all areas of sports medicine, minimally-invasive total joint arthroplasty, and general orthopaedics.
Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy of the shoulder care:
- Rotator cuff repair
- Labral tearing
- Shoulder Instability
- Biceps tendon diseases
- Shoulder impingement
- Acromioclavicular joint injuries
- Shoulder Arthritis
Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy of the knee care:
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament Tearing
- Collateral Ligament Tearing
- Meniscus repair or Meniscectomy
- Articular Cartilage repair
- Patellofemoral tracking disorders
- Unicompartmental and full knee arthritis
Other Areas of Care Include:
- Provides care in areas such as elbow disorders and instability and ankle disorders and instability, etc.
- Provides minimally invasive joint replacement of the shoulder, elbow, knee, and hip.
- Custom implants and computer-navigated total joint arthroplasty.
- Performed the very first computer-navigated total shoulder arthroplasty in Tennessee.
- A design surgeon for multiple orthopaedic companies.
- Serves as a lecturer for multiple orthopaedic societies and companies.
- Author of many peer-reviewed publications and book chapters.
- TriStar Centennial Medical Center
- TriStar Skyline Medical Center
- TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center
- TriStar Horizon Medical Center
- Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital
- Saint Thomas West Hospital
Surgery Center Privilages: